One of the most ancient castles northern Moravia is Usov castle, which is located at a distance of 40 km from the city of Olomouc. This majestic castle in the French style, with massive towers was erected in the 13th century. The documents, dated 1260 year, first found mention of this building.
Since its founding Usov castle survived many events. From the 14th to the 15th century in its territory was organized military camp. After the reconstruction of the citadel several times changed owners. In the 17th century part of the fortress was rebuilt into a castle. Pans kind of Liechtenstein during their tenure castle, its territory was organized hunting and timber yard. Then the castle walls kept a lot of hunting trophies from Africa and some European countries.
Since 1898 the castle Usov operates natural history museum and the forest. Here you can see a collection of hunting rifles and poaching weapons, as well as a huge collection of trophies, which already exceeds the amount of seven thousand exhibits. Some stuffed animals were made in the late 19th century.
In winter collection of hunting trophies and stuffed animals is on the restoration. Every spring, natural history museum of the castle guests Usov is updated exposure exhibits are gathered from around the world. Museum deservedly regarded as the best of its kind in Central Europe and is annually visited by about 50,000 people.
Besides the amazing medieval architecture and famous collection of fauna, glorious castle art gallery dedicated to the works of the artist Lubomir Bartosz.